Wednesday, December 7, 2011

No Longer Petticoats--Just Puritans.

While constructing my annotated bibliography, a funny thing happened:  I realized that my project had totally changed.  In fact, the subtitle of my blog (and my web address) "Puritans and Petticoats" no longer captures the scope of my project.  However, I left the title as it is, because it certainly captures the process and evolution of my project.  While I spent much of the earlier stages of my project researching symbolism, satire, and functions of petticoats, all of this work was not for naught.  As I constructed my annotated bibliography, I realized that there is a possibility of studying petticoats in a future project.  Someday, I will be reading a primary document that talks a bit about petticoats, and then I will be off and running, with a wealth of information from which to draw ideas!

Below is a flow chart representing my process to a final paper:

PETTICOATS--> SYMBOLISM OF CLOTHING--> CLOTHING AS A MARKER OF CLASS--> MADAM KNIGHT'S VIEW OF CLOTHING


No comments:

Post a Comment