Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Project Spurring on Other Projects

I feel as if my final paper is only the first step in a longer project.  Other ideas for future research include:
  • I would love to examine how Knight's journal fits into the realm of conduct manuals...not only regarding her view of clothing, but also her view of language and "the tongue" as well.
  • I plan to expand on my discussion of Winthrop and how his ideas relate to Madam Knight's.
  • I would also like to, as indicated in previous posts, work more with petticoats.  They fascinate me, and I would like to write an article discussing the symbolism attached to them (such as confinement, what it meant to be beautiful in Early America, and religious rebellion).
I will post more once I get further into this project.  Due to my desire to continue my project until it meets the standards of publication (and copyright laws), I will not post my rough draft or final paper on my blog, but fellow classmates can view my drafts on our online Webcourses site.

No comments:

Post a Comment